At Three Phase Line Construction, safety is a core value that is built into our company’s culture, work procedures and everyday life. Three Phase is committed to continuous improvements in safety with a common goal of zero injuries. This is achieved by careful planning, identifying any known or potential hazards and by eliminating or controlling those hazards to protect our workers from possible incidents. Additionally, we actively take part in initiatives that include the development of “Best Practices” and training programs help keep our workers safe.
Our safety department is comprised of on-site safety managers, regional safety managers, safety committees, supervisors, foremen and a company safety director. This team works together to implement and review work procedures, identify possible hazards with the work being performed, and continually enhance the company’s safety program.
Our Safety Program Includes:
- Safety orientation for newly hired employees
- In-depth training programs for managers, supervisors and crewmembers
- Pre-job Risk Analysis and Orientation/Briefing safety meetings at the onset of each project
- Daily Tailgate meetings to discuss the plan of work for that day; all possible hazards are identified and any safety concerns are addressed before work begins.
- Weekly Project Meetings: Foreman and supervisors routinely meet to discuss the progress of work and prepare for upcoming tasks to ensure safety is always built into the plan.
- An organized Safety Committee develops and implements workplace practices that ensure the safe-work ethic and environment of our employees.
- All employees receive a weekly safety agenda that addresses safety awareness information including; close calls, incident reports, lessons learned and pertinent safety rules that are associated with our work.
- All employees undergo pre-hire and random drug and alcohol testing to maintain a safe work environment.
- Each member of our organization, from management down, is responsible for preventing incidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses and will be held accountable.
- Safety is a mindset and an attitude that all Three Phase employees carry with them on a daily basis. As a member of the IBEW, National Safety Council, OSHA Electrical Transmission & Distribution Safety Partnership and numerous other safety organizations and safety auditing programs, Three Phase is committed to continuous improvement in safety with a common goal of zero injuries.